Welcome to my blog where I bring you in-depth concepts and breakdowns of technical MMA skills with a primary focus on stand up. With my combat experience and eye for detail, I do my best to bring you thorough breakdowns with an emphasis on strategy and technique. I’ve received lots of great feed back from various MMA communities where fighters and fans have enjoyed my content, so I hope you enjoy it too.
If you’re interested in bettering your striking ability or just learning about your favorite fighter’s signature habits, this place is for you.
“Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, add what is uniquely your own.”
– Bruce Lee
My list of breakdowns. (It’s best to view my work on a PC as the gif images will load better).
- .[more on the way]
- Michael Bisping vs. George St. Pierre: The Show of Wisdom (Technical Breakdown) (New!)
- Cody Garbrandt vs. T.J. Dillashaw: The New King of the Bantamweights (Technical Breakdown) (New!)
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Rose Namajunas: Brief Technical Aftermath (Breakdown) (New!)
- Justin Gaethje vs. Michael Johnson: Fighting Styles and a Match up Clash (TECHNICAL Pre-Fight BREAKDOWN)
- Gavin Tucker Vs. Sam Sicilia: The Arrival of an Interesting Prospect (Technical breakdown )
- Dominick Cruz vs. Cody Garbrandt: How Cody Won The Title (Technique Breakdown)
- Doo Ho Choi vs. Cub Swanson: A War of Boundless Heart (Fight Breakdown)
- CONOR MCGREGOR VS. EDDIE ALVAREZ: FIGHT BREAKDOWN OF THE NOTORIOUS LEFT HAND
- MICHAEL BISPING VS. DAN HENDERSON 2: EXPLORING THE TECHNICAL CRAFT (BREAKDOWN)
- Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz 2: Post Fight look at Technical Adjustments (skill breakdown)
- T.J. Dillashaw vs Raphael Assuncao 2: Changes since their first fight (Skill breakdown)
- JOSE ALDO VS FRANKIE EDGAR 2: POST FIGHT LOOK AT TECHNIQUE AND STYLE (BREAKDOWN)
- Stephen Thompson Vs Rory MacDonald: Post Fight Technique and Strategy (breakdown)
- Dominick Cruz vs Urijah Faber: Understanding Dominick’s Cruz’s fighting style and Footwork (Finished)
- Thomas Almeida vs Cody Garbrandt: A Look Into Their Fighting Styles
- Junior Dos Santos vs Ben Rothwell: Cigano’s Victory with Measured Boxing (Skill Breakdown)
- Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz: Post Fight Technical Breakdown
- Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz: How their Styles Clash
- Anderson Silva vs Michael Bisping: The Breakdown of Fighting Style and Creativity
- Why Fighters Should integrate kicks into their striking game
- Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson: Fighting Style Breakdown
- How Dominick Cruz Won Back the UFC Title (techniques)
- TJ Dillashaw vs Dominick Cruz: The Truth About Their Style Differences and Flaws
- How TJ Dillashaw Fights (Breakdown)
- How Dominick Cruz Fights (Breakdown)
- Nate Diaz vs Michael Johnson and the stockon slap
- Overeem vs Dos Santos — The Growth of Overeem
- Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor, The Keys To Victory
- Conor McGregor’s Fighting Style Breakdown
- Jose Aldo’s Fighting Style Breakdown
My work aims to highlight the fighters’ craft to build appreciation for their skills. These breakdowns are for educational purposes and looks to follow WordPress’ guidelines for fair use. I spend a lot of time studying fights from various perspectives, so it takes me a while to cover matches. If you enjoy the work, it’s very much appreciated if you share with your fellow MMA enthusiast. This blog is a bit of a journey for me to not only teach but to also learn as well.
Follow me on twitter for updates My Twitter feed
Recent Breakdown Discussions (not always updated)
- Forum Discussion on Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz Post fight
- Forum discussion on Thomas Almeida vs Cody Garbrandt: a look into their fighting styles
- How Alistair Overeem’s Style is Changing
- 11/7/2017 Things are coming along nicely. I just finished writing Rose vs Joanna, T.J. vs. Cody, George vs. Bisping. Next step is to create examples.
- 7/2/2017 There’s so much I want to cover but never get to. There have been quite a few topics I end up skipping out on but I still plan to cover some previous topics mentioned…hopefully.
Short background: I picked up kickboxing after high school (about a decade ago or so. can’t recall the exact time) and migrated my focus between boxing and Muay Thai to develop a diverse sense of range, rhythm, footwork, etc. Any time I spend training is usually spent at MMA gyms now to focus on broader disciplines. It’s an ongoing process I’ll continue to enrich my martial arts journey. I’m happy to share what I can to help enrich your journey as well.